Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Facebook Changes

I guess it's been awhile since I checked out my Facebook page, because when I logged on last week, I had trouble recognizing the formatting of the screens, and also realized that the Navigation Bar moved!!! I started googling some articles and have learned that Facebook is going head to head with Google+ and these changes took place within hours of the time Google+ went live. I went on the Facebook blog : https://blog.facebook.com/ to see what else had changed. I found that Post size has expanded from 500 characters to 5,000, pictures posted are now larger and download in twice the time(even your previously uploaded profile pictures will be displayed at this higher resolution.) The Navigation Bar is now anchored to the top of your page. Facebook has also combined "Top Stories" and the old "Most Recent" features. A new"ticker" has been added on the upper right hand corner of the news feed section, providing a "snapshot" of what your friends are doing right now. Also, seems like you can now share music with your friends using Spotify www.spotify.com on Facebook.
(Spotify is a digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs) Stay tuned for more changes to come by checking back frequently with this Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb, I also found some new things introduced on the Facebook. Control privacy inline - when you post or after, sounds good to me. But Say who you are with? Use this button to tag people is beyond me. Can we look at it together whenever you have a minute?
    Thank you!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Barb,

    What I am going to add it is not so technical, but I wanted you to share some stories about Facebook that happened in the last months to my husband and friends.

    1)I know it is a great way to find people, but my husband have had 3 messages in the last month telling him he should change his password because some other users have been trying to get his information and friends' information.

    2)My friends from Argentina came a month ago, she has facebook, but she sent an e-mail saying she would come to visit us. She shared with us in that e-mail that some of her friends who are living in Buenos Aires published by Facebook they would take a vacation and they added details about where they would go and when. When her friends came back from their vacation they found their house empty: no furniture, no appliances, nothing. Thieves got the message from Facebook and got enough time to take everything of their house.

    My advice: please do not give lot of information about your daily life, it is very dangerous.

    Thanks for listening my stories.

    ReplyDelete