Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Social networking tools and professional purpose

I set goals for myself this year to expand my knowledge of social networking tools for professional networking so I can evaluate if social networking tools or email is a better /useful/valuable tool for meaningful networking in addition to the experience(which I will share through this blog too) To that end, I went ahead and set up a Facebook account and even learned how to split my friends list into professional list and regular friends list. This link provided me with helpful steps to create this professional list and I will share with you in months to come how I've been able to make use of that list. http://mashable.com/2009/08/14/facebook-networking/

As I also have a twitter account, I wanted to see who are the library professionals who have the most following on twitter and lo behold, there's already great info regarding the top ten twittering librarians in this exciting link- http://librariansmatter.com/blog/2008/07/01/top-ten-twittering-librarians/ I'm sure most of us have heard Jessamyn West speak at various conferences and it was great that I was atleast familiar with one of the top ten librarians listed. The last I checked, our very own ALD rock star, JoAnne Pulcino has quite a twitter following too.

No comments:

Post a Comment