Friday, August 12, 2011

Facebook For Dummies

For those of us that didn't grow up with technology, deciding to become a Facebook member was a little intimidating.  I wanted a step by step instruction sheet.  I searched and found a few instructional  websites but several of them were on advanced topics and used terms I really didn't understand.. I found some videos on YouTube but they were a little hard to follow and not a lot of useful information. What I wanted was just the basics.  I looked at the help section on Facebook and learned quite a few things but still felt uncomfortable.  After all I am just becoming comfortable with the idea that being someone's bff is a good thing.  I just wanted to know what a wall was and how to post comments and download pictures.  It is hard to admit, but the site I found  the most helpful was :  Facebook for Dummies at:   http:\\www.dumies.com/how-to/content/facebook-for-dummies-cheat-sheet.html.  I wish it had a different name.  I hate to think of myself as a dummy but with easy to follow sections like,  Five Things To Check When You Log Into Facebook , and headings like, What Is It and How to Do It, I felt like they  were speaking my language.  I feel like I can now move on to some of the advanced things now.  Why am I sharing this?  It isn't anything new but I just wanted to share what helped me. There are a lot of patrons that are technology challenged like me  and may need step by step instructions in an easy to understand format.  

No comments:

Post a Comment