Friday, March 23, 2012

I Fix it

If you have ever wondered how to fix that broken electronic device yourself, your in luck. http://www.ifixit.com/ is an online repair community that has step by step repair guides and troubleshooting tips. Their mission is for everyone to have a free repair manual for everything they own! Fixing things keeps them out of landfills and working longer. Whether you use the site to fix it yourself or contribute a guide to help others. Take a minute to read their manifesto, and see if your not convinced that repair is the way to go!
http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto

2 comments:

  1. This website looks great! I love to fix things for those who may be unaware of my personality. I like how the website shows the difficulty and also estimated amount of time to fix something. I think that is great - especially the time piece. Sometimes I start something thinking I will have enough time but then I realize I don't. I think this is a nice gage for that. Also just to add my two cents, this website seems easy to use but if you are still confused, You Tube it! Sometimes I understand what they are saying but its hard to relate to actually doing it, so with You Tube there are so many things that also show you how to accomplish different things. My recent You Tube find was how to get pomegranate seeds out (I do realize that is not fixing something though). I read it, and tried unsuccessfully but then I watched it and it was so super easy!

    ReplyDelete