Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Vocabulario TechTalk

How many times has someone told you what do the following initialisms mean: PDF, MP3, USB, ISP, FAX, DVD, CD (the easy one!!!), WI-FI (the initialiasm is actually WLAN), LED and VGA. If you can say all 10, your technological vocabulary is exemplary. (I did a survey at Koelbel with 5 staff members and only two new more than 2 initialisms). I myself only new CD (ouch!!) and I consider these to be frequently used in our era. For researching these initialisms please refer to WEBOPEDIA.com. Buena Suerte!!!

2 comments:

  1. Juan, I hope everyone you talked to knew what these things were even if they couldn't say what the initials stood for! I would be freaked out if any of these were unfamiliar to our staff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juan, Okay this is a good challenge for everyone. I new 3 and guessed wrong on the others. Let's see how everyone else does that takes the challenge.
    Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete