Monday, June 20, 2011

Another 23 Things

Are you excited by this Tech Talk blog and interested in learning more at your own pace? I just found out about a free, self-paced "23 Things" challenge that anyone can participate in!

Every week, the folks at 23 Things for Professional Development will introduce a new tool or question or challenge to explore. As part of the challenge, you are invited to create your own blog (instructions included!) and post your responses to the weekly challenges there. You can read how other participants are doing, and comment on their posts.

The "things" are a mix of tech tools and other, more general professional-development exercises. You can find the whole list here.

This 23 Things challenge is based on the original 23 Things challenge (which was more tightly focused on tech tools and skills only) at the Charlotte-Mecklinburg public library five years ago.

It starts today, and runs through September. I definitely see things on their list that I have been wanting to play with, such as Prezi and Evernote, plus tools I've never heard of (Mendeley?), and I love that they are encouraging participants to think about how these tech skills fit into the bigger picture of our jobs and careers. I am hoping to jump in when I get back from vacation in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment