Saturday, December 3, 2011

Apple Store

If you read the blog I just posted, then you might be interested to know that I met the author, Kitty Migaki, at the Apple Store when I was seated next to her for a "Projects" session. I am totally impressed with the store, which I had not set foot in until I got a lovely new laptop and entered the world of Mac computing. I have now taken about 8 one-to-one sessions with my own personal instructor. They are knowledgeable and approachable. I haven't met a bad one yet. For these sessions I had to pay $100/yr., an incredible value when you realize that you can work in several sessions a week if you want them. The projects sessions are like a study hall, with an instructor cicrculating. These are free, I believe, for anyone with a Mac. What is interesting about these sessions too, is that you meet some wonderful people sometimes, like the author I just met. It has some aspects of a community gathering, an added bonus I hadn't expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment