Friday, December 23, 2011

 Experiencing discoveries during my e-reader training and finding ways to better serve our customers with these e-readers.

 I have discovered that "My Help!" on the on demand screen is a wonderful sight to have patrons go to when they want to familiarized themselves with the process of getting themselves set up to utilize e-readers.  This sight gives you step by step instructions and best of all it is user friendly and even customers who are not comfortable with technology are able to feel confident on what they are trying to achieve.
I have also encounter that sometimes patrons are having difficulty signing in with their email address and password when authorzing computer and sometimes other windows open up during this process.  This seems to happen when internet access is very slow.  This can be very confusing to first time users. I had a case when this kept happening and we tried to see if patron was already sign in by going to the on demand screen and seeing if she could checkout an item.  Sure enough she was already signed in.  What have you all experience?




3 comments:

  1. Nancy, you are a genius!
    I checked this link - My Help- and I was impressed by the sight. It's short, very visual and at the same time informative! I just love it and I am sure patrons will love it too!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the same information but it took several steps to get to it. Thanks for showing me the fast and easy way to get there.

    ReplyDelete