Friday, December 23, 2011

I LOVE MY NEW COLOR NOOK

I did quite a bit of research before deciding on the Nook. I found some really good review articles on ALD's Professional Development Blog, as well as the Internet. Once I made this decision, I went back to ALD's Professional Development Blog(found on Staffbook under Collaboration Tools - Blogs) and did a keyword search for Nook. Nick Taylor had posted a wonderful article in July 23, 2011, entitled "How to Put Library Books from Overdrive on Your Nook - A visual Tutorial." The language used is simple and the visual "screen shots" make the step by step process easy to understand. I found this article very helpful to me, as a new Nook user, and it would also be useful to share with our patrons who are just getting started with this process.
Check out this link: http://beingruth.com/tutorial-library-books-nook-overdrive/ I also learned a lot from those who posted comments on Nick's blog, including some great troubleshooting techniques.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the useful information. I have showed a couple of patrons this link and they thought it would very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this info Barbara. My husband bought me a Kindle Fire for Christmas but I didn't care for it: 1-It's a little heavy; 2-The black border makes the screen seem smaller (perhaps psychological but still...); and 3-I have a Nook e-reader and didn't want to have to repurchase the books in my library. Needless to say we're returning the Kindle and went last night to purchase the Nook Color Tablet. I'm excited to start learning how to use it and your post is a great place to start. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete