Monday, December 26, 2011

Staff Picks

I was writing about some Staff Picks about Spanish items (movies, books for adults and children, etc.) in Spanish language and I noticed that when I finished writing them and saved them, then I could not come back to them to fix some grammar or vocabulary errors in those paragraphs I wrote.

For your information in regards to editing Staff Picks reviews: only accounts designated as staff accounts have the ability to edit or delete reviews and because I started writing Staff Picks as a library patron, my account has not been set up as a staff account. Since I already have an account, I will need to establish a separate one that is designated with ALD as the prefix. Once I have created the staff account, I should submit a web site ticket to ask that this account be designated as a staff account.

Once the ticket is closed I would have the ability to edit and delete reviews. I could do this by 1) logging into my account and then 2) go to http://arapahoelibraries.org/dashboard. From this view, I should see all of the reviews I have submitted.

Also it is very difficult to transfer the existing reviews to the new staff account I can get, but I can cut and paste those reviews I wrote until this moment.

Moreover if I would like to delete my old patron account, I could submit that request and put it in a ticket.

Of course all this information I have provided by this NL Tech Talk, you can also use it for Staff Picks in English language.

Thanks and ALWAYS ENJOY LIFE IN ALL WAYS!.

Happy Holidays!.

1 comment:

  1. Carina,
    Thank you for this informative blog. I will say that it seems to me that the process you had to go through seemed a little bit excessive and reading about made me appreciate the challenges you had to overcome. My hat goes to you for your perseverance.

    ReplyDelete