Thursday, January 26, 2012

ALD App not just for Apple Products!

I am confessing an assumption I recently made. After downloading the ALD app to my iPad, I "assumed" it was only available for Apple products. And you guessed it, that's what I get for assuming such a silly thing! I recently checked the App Market on my Android phone and was pleased to see the ALD app available for my phone. And, I can't quite say enough about this fantastic app, powered by Boopsie. I love placing items on hold with a few quick taps on my screen. Checking my account is also a breeze (and renewing items, as well!)

Finding branch locations, hours and programs is also available.

Did you know you can quickly look up materials with the app's bar-code scanner? If you're shopping and find an item that looks interesting, simply pull up the app, touch the "BookLook" tab and then activate the scanner. Position the scanner over the ISBN bar code and shake to focus.

Question: I am struggling to properly maneuver the scanner. Any tips? I shake to focus, tap the screen when the small green dot appears and even change the lighting above the book itself.

Thank you for any help you can offer me.

1 comment:

  1. To get a clear picture of the bar code when you scan it, tap on the screen of your phone this should focus. I have and HTC EVO, but I believe this can be done with iPhone too. Try it!

    ReplyDelete