Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I wanted to add a bit of my own advice on how to protect these great devices that we have all become to love! Touch screens have become the standart for ereaders, but let's face it, they are delicate, and it makes me nervous to drop my iPad in my purse/backpack and just go. I would first recommend a cover for your device, and second, I think it is imperative to purchase a screen protector. If you go to a major retailer you can pay big bucks for one of these, some people pay up to $60! I went online to ebay, and bought a pack of 3 screen protectors for only a few dollars! The screen protector I am using is: 99% transparent, anti-scratch, reduces smudging and the material is from Japan. Small tip on the application of these protectors that I found from research online: apply the screen in a humid bathroom after a shower, it minimizes the tiny fuzz particles and makes your device look like you don't even have a protector on it!

1 comment:

  1. Sofia- Great post and such fantastic info. I recently purchased an iPad and went to the Apple store to purchase accessories. I was told the screen did not need protection and that the protectors were a pain to apply, anyhow. Still, I've got kiddos that like to play on the device and I really want to find some form of protection. Your post offered me insight and great advice on how to apply those pesky protectors. Thank you! Julie L.

    ReplyDelete