Friday, April 15, 2011

I just attended the Arts and Skills of Readers Advisory class this week led by three very special ladies. JoAnne, Susan and Cheryl not only shared some very valuable ideas and techniques but they do it with alot of humor and passion. One of the ideas that I think is very profound is READ, REMEMBER and PASSION shared by JoAnne. I have the READ and the PASSION part but need some work on the REMEMBER part. At my age can you believe this? Could it be the 1st signs of AD? :-) Never mind don't answer that :-) Anyway they all gave us some good advice, information and most of all encorugement to continue to be passionate about our reads and readers advisory. I would like to share with you all one of the best websites. www.whichbook.net This website is for those of us who remember everything about a book we have read except the title and author. Please check this website out it has tons of helpful information.

2 comments:

  1. OH Nancy, that is soooo me too!! I have the passion, and I mostly listen to audio books, and I cannot remember for the life of me even the last book I listened to in my car. It's hard to do reader's advisory when you're explaining to a patron about a really great book you listened to, but, you can't remember the author or title?!? There are some patron's at the jail that explain some of the plot or character's of a book they read months ago, and now with the website you recommended, I can research for a book with a limited amount of information!! I love it! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. So often patrons come to us and describe the setting and the plot but do not remember characters or authors. What a cool tool for us to use. Thanks for sharing Nancy!

    ReplyDelete