Monday, April 4, 2011

Questions about LinkedIn

Over the past several months I have been invited to "friend" people at this site. It is always someone I know and I have explored the site to see who else is on it. I have come across many ALD staff and other people that I know. For months I have had on hold the book LinkedIn for Dummies, which I just got, so I am planning to learn more about it. I realize it is a professional networking site so I would be curious to know how others have used it and why this site is or is not more valuable than others.

1 comment:

  1. I am on LinkedIn and like it as a way to expand my professional network within but mostly beyond ALD. I've kept in contact with vendors this way and have had people use it as a way to ask for references from me as well. I linked my Twitter feed to it, which I'm finding wasn't the greatest idea. I'm trying to keep my facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn identities separate for now to see how that works.

    ReplyDelete