Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I would like to share my experience with Infobase eBooks and to post a question. I did what Nevet suggested doing before we have a class. I overviewed the tutorial to learn more about how to use the Infobase eBooks platform. Actually liked it very much - a great resourse for students and teachers! I picked up Women's studies and opened the book by Janet Hubbard-Brown " Eleanor Roosevelt". Got involved into reading, and while reading it I noticed that the book is available in 2 formats: HTML and PDF. I know that PDF is great in using and printing forms, forms that need to be filled up and submitted would print properly without missing elements. E-books that might be printed are usually sent via this format to make sure that the reader sees what the author wrote. I was not able to print from PDF (tried different ways), while from HTML I was able to print easily. So my question is (could sound stupid, but...): why do we have eBooks in both- PDF and HTML, and why wasn't I able to print from PDF format? Thank you in advance! Tatyana

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this interesting piece with us Tanya. PDF and HTML formats are offered for individual preferences. In order to print pdf files, you need to have Adobe software; check your computer to see if it has Adobe software. No question is a bad question :-)
    Padma

    ReplyDelete