Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to make a bootable CD?

This is exactly how the question sounds which I got from one of our patrons at May.
As I didn't know the answer, I offered the first step to do (kind of a saving belt): Let's google it! He was working on one of our newest 3-hour laptops. I found out that with this CD in hand, you don't have to worry about crash any more! It is recommended to fix errors and optimize system performance. Spotmau (A Computer Service Company) offers such software (Super Data Rescue Package) but it is rather expensive. My patron did not want to pay, he wanted it for free.
The second step offered was: Let's Book a Librarian. The district provides this wonderful service, you can get help from a qualified librarian. He didn't want it either.
My question is: Is it allowed to download this software on our public computers?

Tatyana

No comments:

Post a Comment