Thursday, November 10, 2011

Loving ALD Mobile (Boopsie)

Ok, I know I just posted, but I am loving the new ALD Mobile catalog through Boopsie!

During today's school lunch rush a patron in the non-fiction stacks was looking for a book on Algebra. At that moment our PAC was in use by students registering for a program. I was about to go to the front desk when I realized all I really needed was my phone and the ALD Mobile app.

I was able to search for books on Algebra, verify the call number, and I would've been able to place a hold for the patron, but they didn't want to wait. Woot!

2 comments:

  1. Joel! I love the new mobile app too but it didn't occur to me that I could use it on the job in the stacks. I'm going to try this on the bookmobile. Sometimes all computers are full and I don't know a call number or if an item is available. Great idea for customer service. I read about a way for patrons to check out in the stacks using their mobile devices too. I don't know why we wouldn't be ready for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just very recently bought a smart phone and had no idea there was a library app, so cool! I immediately downloaded it after reading this post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete