Tuesday, November 29, 2011

less paper /read later or save

In Readers Digest I read an article about a web page where you can save web articles (online reading) to read at another time or save articles so you don't have to print it off (I tried by saving a few recipes). It seem quite user friendly and can be read from your computer,i pad, iphone or Kindle). Log into http://www.instapaper.com/, make an account and you are ready to go. go back to your web Surfing. When you find something you want to save Highlight the URL and right click and copy. Go to http://www.instapaper/ and click on ADD (just to the right of the Browse, Unread etc.) it will then let you paste the URL and you can title and add notes. It then saves this for you. You can also make folders if you want to organize or save articles. I don't know if there is a time limit on how long it saves articles but the concept is interesting and useful if you don't want to hunt around for articles you want to read.

2 comments:

  1. I have used the website, All Recipes, for many years. I love how you can search by ingredient or titles. I love the ratings and often go by them for what I choose. One of their options is also having an online recipe box which my husband uses. Once you find a recipe you like, you can save it for yourself to refer back to. It is pretty convenient and helpful while saving paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laurie and Jenny! I may start using it too!

    ReplyDelete