Monday, November 21, 2011

Augmented Reality and Touch Screen Phones

My present phone is not touch screen, but this information about Augmented Reality (AR) apps leads me want one. None of us wants to walk through our environment with eyes on the phone and arms outstretched, but I would definitely like to try Augmented Car Finder, identify the stars and constellations over my head (Star Walk, Star Chart) and the names and details of the mountains in front of me (Panoramascope, Peaks).
Your phone can become a magic looking glass identifying physical objects in the environment. How Cool! If you would like to find out more about these AR apps and some that don't exist yet but should, try www.ScientificAmerican.com/dec2011/pogue or the most recent issue of Scientific American magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment