Friday, November 18, 2011

photo scrapbooking online

I have created two photo albums using mixbook.com. I had a lot of fun working with this site, which allows you to upload your photos, choose backgrounds, layouts (some of which let you use a lot of text), and even stickers. You do not have to download any software. You do everything online, and then you can order your book. They are archival and look very professional. I liked this site better than some of the others I looked at because I could add a lot of text. Since I keep a travel diary on my long trips, I am able to incorporate what happened each day, along with my photos. I also liked Mixbook because on our recent trip to the British Isles, my husband took photos with his camera, and I took photos with mine. Between us we had 1300 photos and I was wondering how I would ever integrate both sets. Mixbook lets you arrange your pictures in chronological order, which meant that both sets appeared together. I could choose whether I wanted my husband's shot of an event, or mine. Another feature of Mixbook is that family and friends can contribute to the book. You can use your photos from Facebook, Flicker, etc. If you have an event like a high school reunion, family reunion or other group event, everyone can have their own copy of the album. Best of all, it's pretty intuitive, and the learning curve is not too great. Ask me questions, or let me show you my book. I loved this.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Sharon, I am totally impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree on everything you said about Mixbook. I originally tried this site with a Groupon and I loved it! Since then I have bought other brands of online scrapbooking like this offered on Groupon or Living Social and have been unimpressed. Who would have known that the first one I had would be the best? I love it'd flexibility and ease. I was a first time user and was able to figure it out and even work through my mistake which was a minor hiccup. I love the text feature too! I also love how beautiful it was. Though the other sites I used also came looking wonderfully, this site stood out because of its easy to use features, ease of putting as many pictures you would like and how you would like (some companies actually have limited choices), and its options for text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try this and will also tell my daughter about it as she is working on a scrapbook of our recent trip to England and is combining her pics and mine. thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete